Sunday, December 4, 2011

Journal # 1- Color Red

Hello blind man, I know you would like me to describe to you the color red, well there is a problem and that is that I am not certain of what the color red is. I am also blind in a way, I can still see the world around me yet I can't see the colors like everyone else. My fresh shinning red is a grassy green to everyone, I am not sure if the red they telll me is a red I can describe. I will try my best as I am colorblind and what I describe to you might not be true. Red represents love to everyone as it is the favorite color to give in Valentines day and whenever you feel to express love to that special someone. Red is also a violent color as warzones get painted with the blood of soldiers and the innocent, for the cause of each side it is present whenever someone gets injured, the more you see of it the more you worry. When you think of an apple, of its three colors you imagine red first because it is when that apple is at it best, crisp and juicy waiting for you to bite. Feeling red is another story as it gleams just enough to catch your eye and feels smooth to the touch. To me the red I see is warm and cozy like a fire you seek when you can't feel your frozen hands. The red I see does not represent stop, it represents something that makes you laugh as I joke around when I confuse green with red or red with green because you know blind man I am also blind. Red represent strength as a solid color that stands above the others as a leader, it show the way and makes you feel safe. It is a color of love and war, crisp and jucy, smooth and warm, this is the color red how others see it and how I see it. My description may be a lie or theirs might be I can't be certain because I am colorblind.

No comments:

Post a Comment