Sunday, December 4, 2011

Journal # 10 Best Advice-Enjoy Life

The single best piece of advice I have received was " Enjoy your life" which was given by my dad as I told him I was stressed out about school. Why is this the best advice I have gotten? Well because of those words I changed my lifestyle completely. I used to be a big nerdy boy, studies came first and then eating, sleeping or even socializing. I was living a school dedicated life and I knew I needed a change. After I was told to enjoy my life I spent more time with my friends, accepting to "hang out" with them and enjoying myself. I also started paying a bit less attention to school, being more free with myself, not doing one homework or maybe not studying hard enough for a test. By the end of the school year I felt different and of course more relax/happy, my mind was at ease now that I found the balance in my life. I started thinking how many others don't or can't enjoy their lives. How they are caught up with work, or with studies and they are slaves to themselves while they could be out somewhere conquering the world, like I was and still are. Because I still take for granted alot of things, as I stay in my comfort zone and don;t try new things. Yet how I perceive the world is much different from what it was before I got my dad's advice, now as a high school student being close to graduating and being thrown out into the real world I tried to live more by not caring about what others think and doing more unusual things. For now Ill try to break a bone or fracture something, when that happens I know I am living the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment